you or someone in your family like to run? The Squannacook River Runners
(SqRR) is a 100+ member club that draws members from Groton, Pepperell
and surrounding towns. We're a social club made up of diverse people bound
together by a passion for running. We don't promise serious coaching or
a new 10K PR, just good camaraderie, new acquaintances and lively conversation
during our weekly runs.
Plus, we're the hosts of the annual Groton Road Race - one
of the largest and most popular races in New England. From the race's
proceeds we've been able to donate more than $50,000 to national and
local charities-including scholarships for area students and sponsorship
of Groton's summer youth track and field programs.
If you'd like to meet
new people and have company on some of your runs, please join us. Here's
some of the other things we do to have fun:
- Weekly runs - every Wednesday and Sunday (year round)
- Free entry into Mill Cities and Winnipesaukee Relays
- Sponsorship of Bay State Marathon water stop
- Course measurement meetings (usually occurs in a bar!)
- Support runners at the Boston Marathon
- Groton Town Forest Trail Races & Wapack Trail Race
We have a nominal membership fee. All members are encouraged to help
in the planning, organization and staging of the Groton Road
For more information, contact our membership director.