We're proud to welcome you to the
23rd annual Groton Road Race. Groton
has become an annual destination for more than 2,000 runners with certified
5K and 10K courses on beautiful country roads as well as races for children
and less competitive runners. Join us Sunday, April 27, 2014, and you'll
see why this event is one of New England's premier races.
Groton Road Race is proudly supported by the entire Groton community
and produced by the Squannacook River
Runners. Choose your event, register
and get ready for race day!
- Tots' Trot - A great way to introduce
the children to running as a fun family activity.
- 2K - Longer that the Trot (approximately 1.2 miles),
but not as much pressure as the 5K. Perfect for young, aspiring
athletes to strut their stuff or for parents and grandparents to run
alongside their youngsters.
- 5K - A beautiful course that winds
through town - and did we mention the hill?
- 10K - An idyllic route set on rolling
hills that takes you through scenic Groton.
The registration, packet pickup, and start/finish locations will be at the same location as past years - at the campus of the Groton-Dunstable Regional Middle School, off of Route 119/Main Street. Groton is located 7 miles off Route 495 Exit 31. Click here to get directions.
Free, high-quality t-shirts with our signature eye-catching
race graphics for all runners, all races. View a gallery of previous years'
- Free youth-sized t-shirts for all tots registered.
2K, 5K and 10K runners we must receive
your entry by Saturday, April 12, 2014. You are guaranteed a shirt if you register by the deadline.
- For entries received after Saturday, April 12, 2014, t-shirts are first come, first served. Requested sizes are not guaranteed after Saturday, April 12, 2014.
If you'd like to order additional shirts, please complete
an order form.
- Packet pickup will be at the campus of the Groton-Dunstable Regional
- Saturday, 4/26/14 : 10 am to 1 pm
4/27/14 : 9 am to 1 pm
- Absolutely no mailouts!
- Parking space at the school campus will be extremely limited. Allow
plenty of time to park and get to the start line on race day. We recommend
60 to 90 minutes before race time.
- Handicapped spaces available at the school grounds.
- Shuttle buses will run continuously from the Deluxe
(formerly NEBS) parking lot (about ½ mile from race start) beginning
at 9:45 am on Sunday morning.
- In-line or roller skates, bikes, skateboards, dogs, headphones, strollers or baby-joggers
are not allowed in any of the GRR races in accordance with insurance